Wednesday 11 June 2008

Creativity in Tourism


Writers like Charles Dickens and Enid Blyton are actually the greatest public relation to the UK. I had the story about the UK before I had the chance to visit it through their books.

Then my stamp collecting hobby was another aspect that made me interested more in the UK. Who would claim herself as a stamp collector without knowing Stanley Gibbons? So, I did put it in my agenda to visit one of Stanley Gibbons store when I was in London.


London was expensive, and it would probably continue to be very expensive for my Indonesian pocket. Yet, traveling the UK was fascinating and it will always be...


I was certainly interested in their creativity of selling their tourism object. They can sell from the architectural heritage to the haunted places. Even British Airways is promoting its Christmas and New Year Ghost Tour in Cambridge!

I hope Indonesian can learn from those creativity in selling their tourism object. Of course we do not need to copy their creativity, we are supposed to look into it and develop it using our own cultural heritage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right: Great Britain promotes itself as a place worth touring. To me, any place has attractions that go beyond cultural landmarks. What I like about visiting Indonesia, for instance, is the fun of meeting people whose outlook is different from mine because it opens my eyes to new worlds

Retty Hakim (a.k.a. Maria Margaretta Vivijanti) said...

Thanks John, I hope Indonesia will continue to be an interesting place to visit...