Sunday 9 December 2007

Polar Bears on the Isle of Gods

I’m sitting here in my eldest son’s room.
My computer is waiting for me to work on something together.
Outside the room my sons are screaming, fighting over their PS 2 game.
A lot of opinions dancing inside my mind, it’s hard to concentrate on writing.
Inputs are coming in, the outside noise are disturbing…
Yet my wandering thoughts are more provoking…

A roommate in Seoul told me what a newsroom is…
So I am sitting here, in my own newsroom.
Imagine a hectic room of open space cubicles...
Where activities taken place…
My reporter desk is a lonely corner in the cyber space…

Half of my spirit was actually in Bali,
But my body is here looking at the pictures of the polar bears on the isle of Gods.
Puzzling my head over news that flows in…
Yesterday it said A, today B, tomorrow could be C…
Are they progressing?
Are they really struggling for the benefit of the majority who lives on the earth?

My small brain is exploding…
Tearing me between the love for our environment and the need of our stomach…
Policies and politic are usually best friend…
Leaving us here puzzled on how to survive our own world.
Perhaps if I am there I won’t be puzzled
All I need to do is sitting on the beach and watch the sun goes down
(Liar…I’ll be inside those aircon convention rooms, taking notes…)
Or, joining the crowds in their open air activities
(Hoping that I fully understand what are their demands…)
Perhaps the most imaginable thing is taking my picture with those polar bears…
(It’s more likely…and after that? business as usual?)


P.S. Sorry for being a bit skeptical! (Not on the polar bears who asks the delegates to save human, but on the real actions that might come out...c'mon be more positive!)

No comments: