Thursday 12 March 2009

More about David

There are more stories coming about David Hartanto Widjaja. Yesterday another citizen reporter asked me to read his page. I found another story there. It mentioned David's research "Multiview acquisition from multi-camera configuration for person adaptive 3D display". He also wrote that Zhou Zang was introduced to David by Prof. Chan on the night of the incident. It seems that the professor asked David to handed over the research to Zhou Zang. Unfortunately there is no link about the source of information. The good news is an Indonesian journalist from Tempo is already in Singapore to make his investigation report. I do hope he's able to find more relevant stories to show us the truth...

Browsing through the internet I found another link which is sgpolitics.net. The comments from readers are worth reading. One comment posted under the name "barasida" said that he was a close friend of David. It was already written in the link I gave in my previous post about David, but I'd like to write this down for those who are not willing to browse to another link:
3. I and some Indonesian students gather tonight, 3 March 2009, at 8 pm,
at International Student Center and talked to David’s parent.
They have seen his body. There was NO WOUND whatsoever on his wrists
and police also has confirmed it.
I assumed that his parent would not lie it means that all media news about
‘David slashed his wrist’ was FAKE.

4. The wounds found on David’s body, according to his parents,
were on his head (It is assumed due to fall injury),
and slash wound on his neck. The wound on his neck is very suspicious, in
my opinion. How he received that wound?? Again, according to his parent,
police guessed that it may be happened when the bottom part of his head smashed
the ground. In that case, his chin will have broken and it did not.
My question is: WHERE DOES THAT SLASH WOUND ON HIS NECK CAME FROM?


I'm trying to find the link that could relate me to the story about that research, and in the process I found other links. This one is from Singapore News Alternative which seemed to take the news from Borneo Blogger Community
, it reveals David's family wishes to the Indonesian government to care about its citizens abroad. In some mailing lists it was already discussed how Indonesian government was never take the position as a guardian of its citizen abroad, either for the citizen who worked as foreign worker -especially the woman worker who only work as household assistant- or (now) a citizen who study abroad. Indonesian government is hoped by its citizens to ask for a clear explanation and to make a formal inquiry into the truth of this case from Singapore.

I found something about the mentioned project in a forum discussion of Channel NewsAsia, yet I did not find any news about the relation between that project to Zhou Zang.

To become a winner (it's not important if it was not a gold medal) in the Asia Pacific Mathematic Olympiad 2005 is surely not an easy task. Being a mother who accompany my sons to go trying this competition or that competition, I think I knew the difficulties to accept this tragedy. It is also like giving salt into a wound when people criticized that your son is only growing his intellectual quotiens and not his social and emotional quotiens.

As a citizen, who is really far from knowing David or his family, I can only hope that the Singapore police department and also the international journalists (not only Indonesian journalists) can help providing an explanation and clarification of that two (assumed as) suicidal cases. My sons are still very small, but I do hope that one day they could also be studying abroad. It is not because our education system is bad, but it would be for gaining international experiences. Yet, cases like the student's shooting in the USA, or case like David's make me doubted if it is worth investing that way...

More reading from the Straits Times
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_345314.html
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_345383.html

No comments: