Saturday 27 June 2009

Mutiara Carita, a Place to View Krakatau....

I won a voucher for one free stay in a hotel suite of Mutiara Carita. I used to spend my holiday in Anyer and Carita, the northern coast of Java. It is actually a bit at the west...facing the Selat Sunda. This time I've got the experience of having it in the farthest location I've ever experienced. It means nearer to Krakatau.

Krakatau as the volcano was very famous. Its eruption in 1883 made the glory of the sun shine faded away... If we read the story in wikipedia about its history starting from the pre-history, it is really magnificent. I was lucky to be greeted by a clear view of Krakatau and its child, the Anak Krakatau, on my arrival. Anak Krakatau was "smoking" heavily. I posted the picture for wikimu while I was there, but I've got to enjoy the holiday first (and also cleaning up after it) before loading an article about the holiday over there.

I also have another picture about the flags playing proudly with the coastal wind, all colourful flags from political parties to the presidential candidates...which is in contrast with the grey picture of the vision of those "nelayan" (fishermen). I would love to write an article about these fishermen, but I don't have the time yet. And with this very slow connection, you should wait until I do have time to upload pictures in this blog...

No comments: