Friday 26 December 2008

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas!

I wonder if those who say those words are also becoming Christian only by wishing us a very merry Christmas. I won't be converted into Islam even if I sincerely said "Mohon maaf lahir dan batin. Selamat Idul Fitri" (asking forgiveness and wishing good deed for the peaceful Eid Mubarak). For me the essence of forgiving each other is something beautiful and meaningful. Another Catholic friend is perhaps taking the same meaning as he added in his Christmas and New Year's e-mail (greeting) the word, "please forgive all the wrongdoing we had probably done throughout the year."

I found the 24th December's issue of the Jakarta Post is really worth reading and worth sharing. That is why I've made the article "Memandang Natal Dalam Perbedaan".

Of course not all of my Moslem friends are in the reluctant group to mention "Merry Christmas", but some close friends who are apparantly stop doing it are also my reason to take this issue into a CJ website.

Another international citizen reporter was asking me the news of Christmas from Indonesia. Yet, I do not really have time to prepare one. The only story will be from my parents' church where I had my first experience joining mass performed by a priest in the costume of Santa. I don't think it will be interesting enough.

I think that's the different aspect of blogging and reporting. By reporting we are thinking about the value of news, the readers' target, etc. While for blogging there are no limitation...I can write a short sentence like "A very tiring Christmas" and upload pictures, or I can also mumbling thousands of words without the need to shortened it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm iyah.. mudah2an orang semakin belajar dari perbedaan dan saling menguatkan dalam persamaan :) 'Met tahun baru.

Salam,
Inge Sundoko