Friday 23 October 2009

News and Private Life

It is so obvious that celebrity's private life is considered as crunchy news, so sometimes we were uploaded with too many details...some are even very private and would do no good for spreading it!

This one article I've found in blog omg.yahoo.com is something that I can consider news. It is about Susan Olsen from the Brady Bunch. I think I belong to the Brady Bunch's fan generation. Ali Landry wrote two interesting fact to share here:

1. [40 years after "The Brady Bunch" premiered and won over America, Susan has released a new book, "Love to Love You Bradys: The Bizarre Story of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour," a song and dance show that Susan calls "spectacularly bad."]

Hmm...I wonder why she considered it spectacularly bad...Ali Landry's choice of words has arisen my curiosity over Olsen's book and the interview (yet, I'm not seeing the interview yet...bad internet connection!)

2. [On a more serious note, what really affected me was when we talked about a mother's instinct. Susan really followed hers when her son's pediatrician initially told her that Michael did not have Autism or Aspergers Syndrome. That answer didn't feel right, so Susan sought out additional opinions until they were able to figure out his diagnosis. She followed her gut instinct. I know that no one knows my child better than I do. I'm sure most moms feel the same way. For me, I really look to our pediatrician for guidance and help when it comes to Estela's health (after all, he IS the one with the medical degree), but after hearing Susan's story it gave me so much more confidence to really follow my instincts when it comes to my child and to not be intimidated by my pediatrician's credentials. If I feel there is something to be concerned about, I will speak up and do some research on my own. Thank you so much for sharing that, Susan!]

I've made the most important sentence written in bold letters...keep it in your mind, and have a succesful struggle with your own kids (at least that's what I'm trying to master right now!)

No comments: