Thursday 20 September 2007

Berbalas E-mail dengan Seorang Tunanetra

For most Indonesian I think it is still unimaginable that we can communicate through e-mail with a blind person. The blind in Indonesia are not considered capable of having
a normal vocation. Their jobs usually related only to the massage service. Yet, there are already advanced tools to help them.

Celebrating the International Illiteracy Day, I tried to attract people's attention by the title "E-mailing with a blind". I'd like to show them more possibility for the blind, and also the need to help the blind to reach for their literacy through books in braille. I introduce the readers of wikimu to the organization (Yayasan Mitra Netra) that aim to help the blind and also to the online library for the blind. I wished I could write something for OMNI, but I think I do need more time to really get into it.

No comments: