Wednesday 30 September 2009

Counting Down to Pesta Blogger 2009

It is still 24 days to the Pesta Blogger 2009 in Jakarta. The celebration was actually started earlier with communities of bloggers did their getting together in some chosen cities. Jakarta will be the last party and the closing place of this year party.

Actually I was asking my self whether to come or not to Pesta Blogger this year. I joined Pesta Blogger 2007 and 2008, so I am thinking of giving the chance to other person who might probably deserve a first encounter with Pesta Blogger.

I am sure that Pesta Blogger 2009 will provide us with new experiences, and hopefully a lot more new friends. Offline meetings were proved to enhance friendships. I mostly got the experience from the gatherings of the members from the mailing list of Forum Pembaca Kompas (FPK), and from wikimu.com's gatheringg. Pesta Blogger in Jakarta actually gave me the feeling of a big marriage party in Indonesia...we came to say hello, chit-chat a little bit, then came back home. Perhaps there will be more communication to offer through online chats or postings than the short time meeting in a very big (and noisy) party...

Yet, a posting about the building where we are going to have that party, is luring me with another aspect of visit: the building! I had my interest in that building since it was still under construction, but I've never visited it yet. Then, from the website of SMESCO Indonesia, I saw that it houses UKM Gallery (subtitled: Preserving the Indonesian Heritage). So, now I'm not so sure about giving up my chance to join the Indonesian biggest bloggers' meeting of the year...

Another happy story came as a result from Pesta Blogger 2008. In Pesta Blogger 2008 Anthony Bianco was our guest from Australia, and he'll be revisiting us this year! Thanks to Air Asia , he's going to experience the sparkling Sumatera and the crowded but intriguing Java. Anthony's blog will share the beauty and interesting aspects of Indonesia.

Ironically, his application for the best job in the world was rejected as not meeting the criteria. Perhaps it is not a coincidence, but it is his destiny to come back to Indonesia. I am sure that once he experiences the beauty of the coral reefs in Indonesia (places are mentioned in the Indonesian Coral Reef Foundation/TERANGI, i.e. Raja Ampat) he'll sure be coming back again and again...