Tuesday 18 December 2007

Yang Terlupakan Hari Ini…

The mainstream media (that I read here in Indonesia) did not talk about the International Migrant Day, so I post this one to wikimu. Perhaps I can translate it as "Something forgotten today..."

I have no time to translate this article for my friends who only read English language. But I am happy because the next morning there were a lot of news on migrant worker in the mainstream media.

It was not only because the news of the domestic slavery in America get the final sentence in the court, but they did presented more news about ending the migrant workers abuse.

see also this blog

Selasa, 18-12-2007 15:07:38 oleh: Retty N. Hakim
Kanal: Opini

post 27-12-2007, an update:

I found a reader's letter in the Jakarta Post (26 December 2007) sent by Rahayu Gabrelle from Batam link is here

No comments: